MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
May 24, 2014

The Reading List

Hello you guys! How are you doing? This week has been quite gloomy. Nevertheless, I was still in good spirits and managed to be productive! Hooray for the abundance of happy hormones in my being! Hahah! I kept up with my 24 in 2014 reading challenge where I'm obviously behind now. I'm currently 200 pages towards the end of my eighth book so, yay! This week, I busied myself with watching youtube music/movie videos, reading and downloading ebooks among others. So I want to share to you some of the ebooks I've downloaded (all from epubbud) and download links, too! ;) I hope you enjoy!


1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
This is what I am currently into! It's my first read from Jenny Han and I am loving it! This novel tells the story of Lara Jean, a teenage girl who wrote letters to her crushes and kept them in a hatbox her late mother gave her. One day, her letters were accidentally sent to all her crushes addresses. I'm getting to the good part nowAs she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all. I'm quite excited for the ending. :)

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I saw this book at the bookstore and I was intrigued by the title. Haha. Anyway, the book tells the life of Anna (duh) who was was shipped to Paris for boarding school, leaving her job, bestfriend and crush in Atlanta. In Paris, she meets Etienne St. Clair who is an epitome of a man who has it all - including a girlfriend. I believe Anna develops a crush on him and who know what happens next? It had a lot of positive reviews in Goodreads (almost all are five stars!) so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it too!

3. Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
While reading the plot of the novel, I was reminded of my twin cousins who once swapped schools, and mainly the movie Parent Trap who switched places for their family to be whole again. Now here's a novel about switching places! According to the plot, there's two Sloane Jacobs. The only difference is that one has the second name Emily, and the other one has Devon. When the two met at Montreal, they decided to switch places for the summer and discover that convincing people you're someone else might be more difficult than being yourself. Now speaking of summer, I'm sure this'll be a delightful treat for the season!

4. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
I know this one is a really good book because, guys...David Levithan! Nick and Norah's adventure to love starts with the pretend-to-be-my-girlfriend-for-five-minutes request and a kiss. Told in alternating chapters, teeming with music references, humor, angst, and endearing side characters, this is a love story you’ll wish were your very own. I can't wait to read it!

5. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer Smith
Just reading the synopsis makes me want to dig into this book immediately! It tells the story of Lucy and Owen who met when they got stuck inside an elevator of a NYC apartment. After they were rescued, they spend the night wandering around Manhattan. At the end of the night, they go separate ways and eventually get into a long-distance relationship and keeps in touch with emails and postcards. One day, they meet again. What happens next? Well, we will have to read in order to know! 

Now here's a treat! A charming Priscila Ahn song to fill your day with calmness! :)


Which of these novels have you read?

8 comments:

  1. I've actually read none of these!! *gasp* My challenge for 2014 is 72 books, and somehow I'm still on track! haha! Let me know how you like these, I'm always up for adding new books to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Its been a while! I hope you're well. :) thanks for the Nick and Norah's playlist ebook link! I was looking for it before I wrote this comment. Talk about perfect timing haha Anna and the French Kiss is SUPER good!! It definitely lives up to the hype and is now one of my absolute favorite ya novels :) Make sure you read Lola and the boy next door after Anna cause they're somehow connected and both special in their own way :) And you know what, Stephanie Perkins will be visiting here in Manila on July!

    I've recently added new ya novels on my reader. Tell me if you want recommendations! Glad to know you're catching up with reading now that school's over :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like i want to read "The Geography of You and Me" and "to all boys i loved before". Sounds interesting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda envy you for being still on track hahah! I will surely do! I'll take a look at your book list too and see if I can find another good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm eager to read The Geography of You and Me too! Did you download it? Let me know how you find it after you're done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish! It's been months! :) I'm glad you found the link in my blog hehe! I've seen both novels before and sparked my interest. I can't wait to start reading them! That's wonderful news!! You're so lucky that you're in Manila! I heard Jenny Han is visiting too! So so lucky! :)


    I'm really glad that school is over so I can finally get on with the challenge! hehe What other books do you read and recommend? :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read To All The Girls I've Loved before and it's so bittersweet! :) I was reading Anna And The French Kiss but I stopped cos I don't know why I find it boring. I guess I wanted a different genre to read. Check out my latest post about books! I'm into drama books that makes you cry nowadays.


    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! I'm currently reading Anna and The French Kiss. Do you have an ebook of To All The Boys I've Loved Before? I wanna read it next :)

    ReplyDelete