©Ivon Domingo: A beach scene in one of the top summer destinations in the Philippines, BORACAY.
What we've all been waiting for has finally come - SUMMER! T'is the season of bikinis, martinis, zucchinis...eh, and freedom from school chores! (But not your household chores. No no no.) Well it's been here since mid-April and the heat is outrageous! It even reached 36ºC in the past few weeks! I can feel myself sweat even if I'm just sitting here. Anyway, what are you planning to do this summer? If you still don't have the idea, I've listed some activities that'll make your summer the best and most productive summer evuuurrr!
1. Find a job. It's a relief that I don't have to worry about school anymore this coming semester, and the semester after that and after that because I'm a free bird! - at least from school. What I'm really itching to have now is a job. And I hope that I do get a job before the summer ends. *cross fingers
2. Hit the beach. Well you cant say that you really had a great summer if you did not go to the beach, can you? It's like the very essential part of every summer! Ha! So why don't we all start looking for a flattering piece of bikini (and maybe some nice cover-up if you're reserved like me. hehe) and strut the beach! Don't forget to let out that inner child in you and maybe build a sandcastle!
3. Do something adventurous. And by adventurous, I mean something that you've never ever done before. You can choose between ziplining superman style, cliff diving (must be afraid of heights), white water rafting, rappelling, or whatever it is that'll let you exercise your vocal chords, if you know what I mean. If you get a little bruise of scrape here and there, worry not. It's all part of the experience and a little bruise is nothing compared to an experience, aye? And besides, who knows when you'll ever do that again. Perhaps the next day if you're feeling so adventurous. :)
4. Try new food. There's nothing like a new flavor to grace your palette! Search your city for places that are unfamiliar to you. I'm sure there are a lot that will make you say 'When was this here?' or 'Why did I not know about this place??' Now it's important that you avoid fast food this time and embrace fine dining. Of course, don't forget to bring company! It's always more fun when you're eating with a group, you know.
5. Learn a new language. Maybe some of us aren't the type to go out there because of the hot weather. So to keep your summer enjoyable even at home, why not learn a new language? I heard it's synonymous with 'productive'. :) Whether it be French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch or just anything you fancy really. DuoLingo is a great place to start learning. It teaches you the most basic words and some commonly used phrases. Or maybe you can buy a dictionary so you can learn it anytime anywhere.
6. Read. BECAUSE. :)
What's on your checklist this summer?