10 Blog Ideas (for when you're out of ideas)
Having a blog and keeping it posted everyday can be hard especially when the creative juices don't come naturally, or are stuck. Sometimes, you squeeze them out but still you get nothing. So, I came up with this list for our reference when we want to blog but have nothing to blog about. One of these entails an adventure while some can be found and done right in your desk! I hope you enjoy!
1. Go someplace else or where your feet will take you. It can be at the park, at your own porch, at a corner at a coffee shop, or maybe even at the mall (or in the middle of a field!). Just make sure to find a spot where nobody can disturb you. Now get your pen and notebook, use your phone as timer and set it to 30 minutes or perhaps an hour or maybe not at all. Now go write everything that comes into your mind within that time! You can start with 'Today I am perched at the big old sycamore tree and am 10 meters above the ground.' Describe your surroundings, what you think about the little girl's cute outfit or a story on the scene unfolding before you. Be creative. You can even exaggerate it. But let's just don't name names.
2. Read a book. And yes, make a book review!
3. Look for old notebooks or those you used to doodle at years ago (if it's still there). Browse. Perhaps you can find a post idea right there and then. You found a few inspiring quotes in there? Share them! Found some pretty great doodles you did when you were in college? We'd love to see them!
4. Do a DIY and share it to us!
5. Maybe you can tell us why you love this particular author, your opinion on a quote, a list of your favorite hobbies, or a list of things you adore about your favorite book/movie character! The list could go on...
6. Was there a moment where you felt very proud of yourself to have accomplished something? It doesn't matter if it's small thing. And don't you say that it's JUST a small deed because I'm sure it took you a lot of courage to do that. ;)
7. Remember the line 'If your eyes could speak, what would they say?' from The Book Thief? Do exactly that! What does it look like outside your window? Or what is the current state of your desk? Show. Don't tell. :)
8. Tell us about your favorite spot in town, or at home. Make a list of the things you love to do in there. Don't forget the photos!
9. List down reasons why you love yourself and why you are worthy of loving. After this, get your favorite drink and feel good about yourself. :)
10. Draw something that represents YOU. It can be a flower, a cloud, the sun, water, or ANYTHING that you think best describes you. Below that, write a detailed description of why you likened that thing to yourself. Now have your mom, sister, best buddy, anyone or maybe all of them to do the same thing - to draw a thing that they think is like you or represents you. Don't forget to let them write 'why' too. You'll be amazed at how these people see you and how wonderful you are to them. :)
How/where do you get your blog ideas?