MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
April 15, 2014

We are a Piece of Peace

A wonderful Tuesday amigos! How are you all doing? I'm so excited to be posting here in my little space again! I know I've declared myself officially back a month ago, but has been on and off for weeks. But no worries now since school is over and I have all the time in the world! Bwahah - oh wait, I still need to find myself a job! Ah the life of a fresh graduate...I can't believe school really is over. T_T On the bright side, there are no more school works, grades and teachers to worry about so it's all good! :)

Anyway, you can't believe where I've been to yesterday! Have you heard of the world record for largest flaming image using candles? Pakistan had it in the year 2009 with more than 30,000 candles and over 100 people. Yesterday, the Philippines beat that record with over 50,000 candles on a 20-hectare field! And the best part was that it was held in our province so I was able to join! I WAS ABLE TO JOIN!!! :D How cool is being able to be part of a record-breaking event? :))

Source: Mabilog

There were thousands of people as well, perhaps almost equal to the number of candles. I think this is the second time the Philippines broke a world record (though I'm not really sure). The first one was during the releasing of 15,185 sky lanterns also held in our province. I can imagine how MAGICAL it was. If only I was there...



But being there in the second one was kind of a great experience too. Seeing all those people and being with different countries in attendance in promoting world peace through this event is deeply satisfying. :)



Aside from the Filipino volunteers, there were also volunteers from Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, Estonia, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States of America, United Kingdom and Vietnam!


Source: Light of Peace in the Philippines

I wonder how many months it took the organizers to plan all this awesomeness! Applaud to us all! :)



Till the next record! :) Oh by the way, I love my shirt! haha

Have you also been to a Guinness event?

3 comments:

  1. IT'S BEEEN A WHILE!!!!
    Hahaha, I didn't know Pakistan had that record. Congratulations guys for breaking it. It must be an amazing experience to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marla! :) But the lanterns are way cooler I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOOOWW! Me too! And thank you! The Thai's were mostly the ones behind this but its great being part of it :)

    ReplyDelete