MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
January 2, 2014

Weekly Wishes 01

ORANGE SUNSET | This photo was taken during our HS reunion in 2012.

2013 has brought both gleeful and sad moments, but it has been mostly great in many ways than I can imagine. It was the year I found myself in the country's capital and away from home for a long time (being almost three months) and learning how to live within a budget, the year I had started a new blog, the year that has taught me a lot of lessons as well as the year that made me see more of myself and my capabilities.

This 2014, I look forward to more learnings experiences and adventures along the way. I do expect a lot of goals that must be met especially at school. I will be graduating this year, and the fact that school will be over in less than three months scares me. The world out there is a jungle and I don't think I am ready for that yet. But you know what they say, what comes around, comes around. So what I say is make the best out of everything that comes my way.

This year and in the years to come, I will constantly push myself to become more optimistic, more productive and more organized coupled with the need to promptly finish the goals I set for myself. This year, I have listed a couple of major bucketlists that I am determined to finish - 101 in 1001 Bucketlist and Goals and Dreams before 2014 ends. I have printed these out so I can always take a look at it and be reminded that I've got goals to get done and get motivated in doing it.

Of course, with the need to get productive, one must also set short-term goals. And what better deadline than a week! It's a great way to get ourselves accustomed to setting goals and having it done, thus preparing us in accomplishing greater long-term goals in the future! 

So that's where the Weekly Wishes link-up by Melyssa of The Nectar Collective comes in! It is a link-up where we all of us set goals to finish for the week, as well as to get inspiration and motivations from other participants from around the world! I have been meaning to join this link-up since the time I learned about it last year, but what better way to start than the new year! :)

THIS WEEK'S WISHES


1. Study for my remaining prelim exams. 
Exams aren't over, but thank goodness I only have two left (both major subs!!!) out of five. I've had this listed in my Christmas Vacation to-do list but I failed to do so. I am such a lazy bum, aren't I? Haha! I have indeed managed to scan my reviewers and I must put my heart into this if I want to pass.

2. Answer at least 10 random items out of 50 from 'Questions that Will Free Your Mind'. 
I found this awesome questionnaire from an equally awesome site and they're pretty intriguing. Thinking is healthy for the mind and that's what I'm doing this week.

3. Arrange my drawer/s.
It has been a real mess lately and finding something small under a heap of untidy clothes takes forever! I'll at least work my way to organizing one drawer at a time... :)




Do you join the link-up too? If so,
what are your goals for this week? 

11 comments:

  1. You should do the 10 questions! I've never seen the questions so I am really interested in looking at them. Would love to read your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo at the top is absolutely gorgeous!


    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PRELIMS! One of the parts of school that I sort of/kind of/don't really miss. ;)


    I will definitely have to check out these 10 Questions - sounds interesting!


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jordanbeckwagnerJanuary 03, 2014 5:42 AM

    So happy I found your blog through Weekly Wishes! Love the photo that you posted to accompany this article :) And I totally sympathize with you...I haven't done ANY exam review for grad school during Christmas break...oops! It is so hard to get motivated during break time. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surely will! :) I have provided the link to the questions above so you can check it out and maybe answer some of them too! It makes you think and realize things so it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amy! :) Yeah me too...it stresses me a lot these days. hehe. Im sure I wont be missing it too after I graduate. But anyways you MUST check these questions out! If you look around the site, there are still a lot of other interesting questions and posts regarding life in general. :) Happy New Year as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYAYAY! :) Thanks Jordan! Awww it totally is! It's hard to stay away from the internet and all other 'distractions'. Hopefully we can both get back to study-mode days before our exams! *cross fingers...Good luck to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to do #2 with you...I agree that thinking is really really healthy for you! I might get back into posting goals too...I started feeling like it was a really personal thing to share but it did help me get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the 50 questions challenge! think it is exactly what i need to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should, Rainbow! THough I suggest you don't answer all 50 at once. I think it can drive one insane haha/ But that's just my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! :) I just posted mine and I'm looking forward to read your answers!
    I know..but once you get to share it with people, it will motivate you more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha yes, i want to think about them a bit, so i'll be taking my time. thank you for your inspiring blog xx

    ReplyDelete