MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
January 12, 2014

The Blogger Confessions


Holla amigas! How are you all doing? Though December is over, the days are just starting to get chilly in here. It's so cold that I just want to stay in my room under the comfort of my blankets and pillows fo-evah! But I can't because I have school tomorrow. This polar vortex is making things hard especially to those who are in the Northern hemisphere. I've seen photos of ice covered plants and buildings on the internet and read that it gets below freezing point in there. Keep safe in there you guys! 

I wish this doesn't last for long. This makes me recall the movie The Day After Tomorrow. What if it happens for real? Oh God forbid. We've been having a brumous kind of weather for days now, and according to accuweather.com, we won't be seeing Mr. Sun until Friday. I kinda miss the sunny weather.

Anyway, I've just been tagged to do a Q&A by no other than the lovely Toni of One Chocolate Box! I know everybody loves answering and reading Q&A's so let's get to it! :)

When did you first start blogging and why? 
I think that was in January of 2012 when I first started blogging. The first blog I had was a reblog-blog at tumblr, and was still in my stages of discovering-tumblr-and-the-world-wide-web. One day, I came upon this site where this girl wrote about things happening around her in a diary-like manner. So, I said to myself 'Hey I want to do that too!'. Thus, the start of blogging biz for me. It's an addicting hobby and I do it because I want to share what I know, as well as learn from others. Not to mention, documenting my life and knowing how I grow in thought each day. :)

Have you had any past online presence?
Hmmm...I don't think so? Sure I had friendster, myspace and facebook. I had also registered in almost about every blogging platform there is (xanga, livejournal, typepad, etcetera) but that's all there is to it. I was still at the how-do-you-blog? stage at that time so...

When did you become serious about your blog? 
T'was the moment I started this blog on blogspot. My definition of serious blogging is to post more about what people can relate to, and things and thoughts that can inspire the people who read my blog, plus a bit of me and my life minus the very personal ones. I was actually afraid of starting at a blank page, but what do you know...it's been nine months since that time!

What was your first blog post? 
The very first post I had in my very first blog was a bible quote. Those were the days of 'The Last Song' and I liked this particular quote from the book (and I had no idea what to post first) so that was it! 
But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, He will produce this kind of fruit in us:love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
What have been your biggest challenges blogging? 
It's always a challenge thinking about what to post. I have to consider whether my readers like and can relate to it or not. Sometimes, I hit the writing wall that I have no choice but to do throwback posts. Hehe. I also have some troubles finding my niche, so I decided to be a general-personal kind of blog. Time is also a challenge as I am still in school. 

What is the most rewarding thing about blogging? 
I'd like to think that there are a lot! That feeling of satisfaction once you hit the publish button, the friends I meet and gain overtime, inspiring people and learning from their different characters and cultures! It's amazing how one can do all the travelling, socialization and learning in one place! :)

What is the most discouraging thing about blogging? 
Sometimes, I would look at blogs with tons of followers and pageviews and get jealous. How did they get so famous so fast? What did I do wrong? I want to be as successful as this blog! Then I realized that numbers don't really matter. As long as people read my blog, no matter how few, as long as I know that I have inspired them in a way or another, numbers are no that big of a deal. :)

What is your lasting inspiration or motivation? 
The things happening around me will always be one of my inspirations in writing posts. Reading other people's blogs inspire me too! And my readers and bloggy friends will always be one of my biggest motivations in blogging! :)

What is your blogging dirty little secret? 
I do have a blog planner but it is not as organized as you think it is! Haha! I have post ideas in sloppy handwriting all over the pages, and I don't think I'm as organized as I want to be. I also have like 30+ draft posts and now that I think of it, I might finish one perhaps this week. Might, guys. Lol! 

What is your current goal as a blogger? 
I honestly have no idea. Haha. I think it is to post regularly more about topics that can actually inspire people. I want to bring back my 'advice-giving' side (uhm yes I do have that haha) and I want to do that here. :)

Have you learned or become passionate about anything through blogging that caught you by surprise? 
I am still at the verge of figuring this one out..hehe

Uhmkay, so there goes my confessions! I now hereby tag these lovely bloggers to answer these questions:

Zia of Bits of Days
Brianna of Endlessly Beloved

I tag you too! :)

13 comments:

  1. I don't have a blogging goal either- or a planner! Happy two years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your confessions! I agree that the most discouraging thing is looking at other blogs and wondering what they've done differently to be so successful. I always take a step back and remind myself that I started blogging as a hobby and not as a way to become wildly popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1)I'm half Filipina! Hey! My mom is Filipina and she grew up there before moving to the US when she was 19. 2) I know exactly what you mean about getting discouraged when you look at other more popular blogs. I think the best thing is to just stay true to yourself and remember why you started your blog in the first place. And like you said, it isn't about the numbers! 3) I also have a blog planner, but it's so unorganized too. It's like I got it just to say that I had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey! It's always nice to have a fellow Filipina in here! :) Where from the Philippines is your Mom? I have to agree with you! I think people will just come to like you if youre being yourself:) Im planning to buy a new one but I need to save for that haha But having a blog planner really does help most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im gonna read yours ! :) Most of them are one sentence drafts though haha. There are actually 50+ but I realized that most of them were either duplicates of my published posts or empty posts! Sometimes I just start and dont know how to finish it. Boo,..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Donna! :) I always wonder how they do that. But then you are right! :) Also, blogging is something that's supposed to lure you away from problems even for an hour or so. Its supposed to be therapeutic and thus should not cause us even more stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. High five sister! Hahaha But, really you should get a planner! :) Its one of the best blogging buddies youll ever have :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate to a messy planner tale. I NEVER ORGANISE MY ORGANISER! I think I need to work on that, phew! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And to think it is named as Organiser! Hahah! Should we change our planners then? Im planning that but my current planner still has space - space for more mess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know! I hardly find any Filipina bloggers. My mom lived in Manila, and then when she and my dad got married, she moved to the Air Force Base there. I'm not sure where exactly that is. I've never been to the Philippines and have been wanting to go pretty much my whole life. Hopefully I'll be able to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEK thank you! I REALLY want a blog planner...seriously it's an amazing idea. And I had a million different types of blogs before too...LiveJournal, Xanga etc haha. And I agree with you, it's a totally addicting hobby ;]

    ReplyDelete
  12. That reminds me, I need to get a blogging planner!


    New reader here btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A planner is one of a blogger's best bud! You still wanting that doodle planner, arent ya? heheh :) Did you have entries in there too? And yes, blogging is more than just a hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete