MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
January 30, 2014

Hunger Games Inspired Dresses


Uhhh, dresses I mean. You may be wondering why I suddenly posted about Hunger Games and dresses. Don't get me wrong. Though I don't wear dresses a lot, I still love them. And the trilogy happens to be the theme of this year's Tourism Night. It's a yearly culminating activity organized by the seniors (in this case, us) and happens during February, and that makes us feel like going to Prom every year!

Of course it is fun, but expensive too! You can't just go to an event like this wearing something very simple unless you want to look like the odd one out. It is a night of gowns and make-up and glamour! For the three years that I've been joining this event (perfect attendance!), I always had a new dress since each year has a different theme. Thank goodness the dressmaker's labor is affordable! Rentals in here cost about Php1500 ++, so its better that I buy the fabrics and let the dressmaker do her magic for a total of not even close to Php1000. In the end, I have a sassy affordable dress that I can call my own!

So last year's theme was Oscar's, which leads us to this...


Ehhh, I look so pale in here. I was busy with the powerpoint presentation (which I made at that night) so I didn't have time to even retouch my make-up, let alone go to the bathroom. Yikes! 


O_o This one was based on a gown I saw at the internet. I just love how it's long and flowy!


For this year's theme, I was originally planning to wear this on the night. I want something that would resemble Katniss' gown in Catching Fire, or at least have a 'Katniss gown' element to it. So I came up with this. :) 



But last Friday, when we went hunting for fabrics, the concept of my dress just blurred up. I didn't know what fabrics to buy! Hahah. Perhaps I should have consulted the dressmaker first. But anyway, I found a fabric I liked with the same color as the gown Katniss used in the first part of the trilogy. I then googled prom dresses and hunger games inspired outfits and came up with this...


What do you think of it? The photo above shows the real color of the drawing, by the way. The ones below are a little too edited heheh.


Now I can't wait to show this to my dressmaker next door!
What do you think?
Any suggestions to improve it? :)

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress!!! I would love a dress like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked gorgeous in Oscars theme, black suites you girl! And OMG, the burn edit looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! What a fun theme for a party. Your sketch looks amazing!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg what I can't believe you're designing your own dress. These are so amazing!! I love the Oscars themed one...you are SO BEAUTIFUL! And the sketches for the Katniss one are perfect...I would love to have a dress like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah! Thanks Aree! :) I still havent showed it to the dressmaker but youll see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaa Im flattered! Thank you Marla ! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. alissa4illustrationFebruary 06, 2014 1:02 AM

    I love the red and orange sketches. They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO LOVE YOUR SKETCHES!!! <3 But make it a long gown. It'll make you look taller and more sophisticated. :) Look for Michael Cinco's creation. And make an alteration for your own design. I know you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woaw! Your blog is gorgeous, and I love your sketches! I wish I could buy those dresses! I love the pink /purple-ish dress the most xx

    I'm following you on Bloglovin' now!
    Have a nice day!

    - C:ndy
    Mind checking out my blog?: http://www.mazedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete