MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
January 1, 2014

24 in 2014 Reading Challenge


Before anything else, I would like to greet you all again a HAPPY AND WONDERFUL NEW YEAR! So how did you celebrate the dawning of another 365 days? It had rained in here during the last hours of 2013 and stopped before it was midnight. Given that, 2014 started with a weather so cold that I had to wrap and hug myself. Haha. We joined the mass at 9PM and had fruit salad (can't get enough of salad) and cake for media noche while watching Pitch Perfect and listening to the sound of rain. Great way to start the year, eh?

Anyway, since it's the New Year, I know most of you already have their resolutions listed. I still haven't done mine but I'm pretty sure one of them is to read more books. This year, I had completely read only four books, all by Cecelia Ahern - P.S. I Love You, If You Could See Me Now, Thanks for the Memories and Where Rainbows end. These were all good books and I totally recommend you to read it. I also had started reading a few books by Coelho, Bronte, Green and other authors but I never got close to finishing them (just read a few pages/chapters and stopped).

Good thing I found this reading challenge over at After April! She has listed 24 books for us to read over the year (that gives us time to read about two books in a month) as well as a few links that will teach us how to get motivated in reading! I wanted to follow her list, but I also have my own bookshelf full of books pleading my attention so I opted to make my own. With that, challenge accepted! :)


The Books I've Read
  1. Paper Towns by John Green (12/30 - 1/2)
  2. 5 Centimeters per Second by Makoto Shinkai (1/3 - 1/6)
  3. Like A Flowing River by Paolo Coelho (2/27 - 3/1)
  4. One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern (3/3 - 3/5)
  5. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen (4/27 - 4/28)
  6. Everyday by David Levithan (4/29 - 5/3 )
  7. Bloodstream by Tess Gerritsen ( 5/21 - 5/22)
  8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (5/22 - ____ )
  9. The Deep Blue Sea for Beginners by Luanne Rice (August) 
  10. The Enchantress by Michael Scott (September)
*links lead to the book review

THE READING LIST

  1. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
  2. The Winner Stands Alone by Paolo Coelho 
  3. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
  4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  7. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
  8. Small Eternities by Michael Lawrence
  9. Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
  10. The Appeal by John Grisham
  11. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  12. Butterfly's Child by Angela Davis Gardner
  13. Black Order by James Rollins
  14. The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
  15. The Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paolo Coelho
  16. The Witch of Portobello by Paolo Coelho
  17. Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
  18. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  19. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  20. Paper Towns by John Green
  21. All American Girl 01 by Meg Cabot
  22. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
  23. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  24. 1984 by George Orwell
So there you have it! Go on and join us in reading 24 (and hopefully more!) books this year! Join the link - up on April's blog! Wish us luck! :)




After April

What's on your reading list this 2014?
Are there books on my list that you have already read?
Suggest me some good books too! :)

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! And wow, that looks like a good list. I might do it too! I've already read some of the books there tho XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too Aileen! :) Thanks! Shame I havent finished reading some of the books that I have started but Im getting there haha. Goodluck to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see you were able to come up with 24 books. I am still working on mine as you saw. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I did. It was easy because they were just there sitting in the bookshelf and some are ebooks. Hehe Goodluck to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent - may have to join in with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list! I have been hearing good things about The Cuckoo's Calling, and you picked awesome classics. I'm excited to dive in :) Happy New Year, Mary! Glad you're joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon BroderickJanuary 02, 2014 3:00 AM

    this is a FABULOUS list! so many awesome books-book thief, paper towns and jane eyre are some of my favorite reads ever. good luck on your challenge xx

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Amber:) I loved your list too! I might try and squeeze some of them into my reading list if I have time. Thanks or hosting this one Amber! :) I just randomly picked it from my ebooks list and now that you said it, I'm gonna be reading it next! Happy New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go ahead Holly! <3 Id love to see what's on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Shannon! :) I have just finished on paper towns and it was great! It the first novel Ive ever completely read from him tho. Im excited to finish the book thief too! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I joined but i don't know which books i'll read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you did Melissa! :) April has listed a few books you can read. You can see my list too, or better yet, visit The Book Valley! They have tons of great ebooks there that you can choose from and download! Cant wait to see your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I AM DOING THIS. POSTING IT SOON. You're so full of good post ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to your list of books Marla! I wonder what youre reading...heheh. One of the reasons I love reading blogs is that I can always find good posts that I can do to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will make a list this month promise! haha! I'll check the list you made!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kudos to you for taking on this challenge, Mary! I see at least 5 books I have enjoyed reading in the past on this list, so I imagine they will all be wonderful reads!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Mandy! :) What are those books? I'm curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have 72 books for my 2014 challenge! I feel like I've undergone a massive commitment haha! 24 sounds much more reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is indeed a lot! haha but not a big deal if youre really into it ^__^

    ReplyDelete