MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
January 5, 2014

10/50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind


A few months ago, I came upon a blog (I'm so sorry, I cannot recall!) that led me to this site called Marc and Angel Hack Life: Practical Tips for Productive Living, specifically to the post 50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind. I wanted to answer it right there and then, but upon reading the questions, I was like 'Uhhhhh, how do you answer this?'. 

Then, it occurred to me that in order to answer these questions, you need to think, and to think, you need to free your mind. Thus, the post title. And to actually answer this properly, you must not be in a hurry - it may take a few hours or so. So as part of this week's wishes, I have finally found time to answer ten out of the fifty questions! Yayayay! Without further ado, here are my answers! :)


Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you believe it will make the elevator go faster?

Hahahah! Yes I do, most of the time! Funny isn’t it? It’s just that sometimes, I am in a hurry that waiting for a few seconds  for the elevator doors to open feels like forever (though I don’t really use elevators that much. I’m more of a stairs-person.) Speaking of elevators, is it just me or do you also feel like suddenly bursting into giggles the moment the elevator doors close? I don’t know why I do that. Perhaps it’s because people inside the elevator are serious and it gets SO so quiet that I can’t resist. Haha!

Anyway, I press the button several times because I think that will make the elevator go to us first and fast? Lol! For instance, I from the top floor and a person from another floor would press the button at the same time, so me pressing the button like a hundred times would make the elevator go to us first than that person. Do you get it? Lol! But I do not think that is technically possible unless I am on the 2nd floor, she’s on the third floor and the elevator is from the ground floor. LOLOLOL!


How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

Individual differences, that is. We are all different, and that makes our tastes and preferences different as well. It can be associated with me finding this guy cute, while you don’t. I feel happy whenever I blog but they don’t (because they don’t blog!), I feel happy when I eat cake though some people don’t. It could be also because of past memories associated with that thing that makes people refuse to be happy. Like bowling doesn’t make a person happy because that was what he/she used to do with this special person, and bowling only reminds him/her of those happy memories that they can no longer have.

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

The worse would be losing touch with a good friend who lives near you. It would be okay for a friend to move no matter how far, as long as the strings between you are still strongly connected. But it would hurt when you suddenly lose touch with someone who is a good friend that lives close to you. Imagine seeing her everyday and not seeing eye to eye. Talk about awkward.

What are you most grateful for?

Life, without a doubt. I am thankful that I am breathing right now, and that I have existed for more than twenty years, that there lies hope amidst all the obstacles, that I am here and that I am given a chance to use this borrowed life to make a change and influence people’s lives. Without the gift of life, I wouldn’t be sitting here right now writing this post. I wouldn’t be able to go to school, make friends, travel, do things that make me happy, see the beauty of the surroundings and the people…Yup, I’m most grateful for the life I’ve been given.

Why are you, you?

I am me because this is how I was brought up by my parents, this is how I was influenced by the people around me, this is how I viewed the world and most of all, this is how my Author planned me to be! :)


What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

In my opinion, being alive is literally being here on earth- breathing, eating three times a day, and doing the things that you would normally do. However, truly living is what I call living life to the fullest. It’s not the going-to-the-bar-get-drunk-and-do-whatever-reckless-things-you-like-to-do kind of living. It is living life to the fullest and for a purpose.

Truly living, for me, means to make a change, to fulfill your purpose here on earth, to influence people, and to be able to create an impact on someone else’s lives. You don’t have to be a celebrity or a founder of a charity to say that you have actually lived. You can in your own little ways. Whether it be encouraging a child to go to school or sharing your skills. 

Being alive, I believe, is more on the physical aspect. On the other hand, truly living is something we cannot see. It’s just there. It is felt. To truly live is to linger in the hearts of many people and to fulfill the purpose He has for us.

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

Having less to no work is mostly boring, so I would rather be glad to have more work that I actually enjoy doing. They say if you love what you are doing, and you do it with all your heart, then it wouldn't feel like work at all. So no matter how much work there is in front of me, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

If you won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

No-no. Nope. Of course winning a million dollars and being an instant millionaire is something that doesn't happen everyday, but for how long can it sustain me? Knowing myself, I tend to splurge and a million can be gone in what, a month or a week. I mean, you can’t resist spending if you know you have that amount of money. I wouldn’t quit my job, even if I hate it, because 1) I need security in order to sustain living, and to have that I would need a job 2) having a million dollars won’t last me a lifetime and 3) besides, both having a million dollars and a job is deeply satisfying.

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

The negativity. You know, most people nowadays see more of the negative than the better side of things. I know I may not be much of a positive person, but I’m trying to change that. I would love to see people happy everytime (I think everyone would look much younger if they're always happy!) and a world without hatred and frowns. Imagine what the world would be like...I'm sure it would be more colorful and alive! You know how they say that ‘you should be the change you want to see’, so I guess I better start with myself and gradually influence people to do so, too!

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

Honestly, NO. It is for the simple reason that being attractive or famous is nothing compared to the things I can do, learn and achieve in ten years! Beauty fades and fame doesn’t last that long. But imagine the things one can do in ten years! You can build your image and create a name for yourself during these years, reap your rewards AND you can say that you have lived a long time here on earth which is fulfilling because not all people are given the chance to live long.

So there goes ten out of fifty!  hope you enjoyed reading my answers! Even if it was just a few hours of thinking, it felt better and somehow made me wiser *wink. If you would like to answer these questions, you can too! Check it out here! And if you did, let me know in the comments! I would love to read your insights and opinions, too! Don't be shy because there are no right or wrong answers! :)


FREEBIES FOR YA!

So yesterday, I was just sitting at my table with my laptop open and my reviewers sitting just beside it. I was wondering what to do since I wasn't still in the mood to study. We had no internet connection too so I thought why not play with photoshop? And so, I made this! Haha! They're not that good but the quotes are really pretty! I'm currently using the second one and I hope you'll grab yourself one, too! Enjoy! :)

12 comments:

  1. You answered the questions! How can you say you wouldn't quit your job if you became a millionaire. I would work my money any way I could so I wouldn't have to go back to work. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are intense questions! I love that you are posting them in segments allowing yourself the time to ponder and think about the questions in a meaningful way. I may have to go check out the site and answer the questions too! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha oh my gosh I do the elevator thing all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! I'm glad I'm not alone at this one! :) Do you know happen to know the reason why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Mandy! :) I'm looking forward to reading your responses to these! Let me know if you do answer them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I did! :)) I don't know I just don't feel like quitting a job hahah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, these questions are just awesome! Losing touch with a friend near you is just so painful! I'll always go for second option!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are indeed Aree! :) You should give it a go too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just answered 5 out of 50 :) feel free to read! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete