MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
December 2, 2013

Things I'm Thankful for this Christmas


Yay! It's Day 1 of the Christmas blogging challenge! Are you excited? Anyway, today we went to this Beach Resort at Guimaras Island - an island I just set foot in - for our feasibility study. I really enjoyed our one-hour visit there and I've got some photos that I can't wait to share with you all tomorrow! :)

So back to the challenge, Day 1 prompt is to enumerate 5 things I am thankful for this Christmas! So here goes mine! :)

  1. Life. Yup! It's my 20th year of celebrating Christmas and I am thankful that I am still enjoying my days in the world in between. Imagine some people are gone at such a young age, but I am thankful (and we all should be) that I am given the chance to live the life I dream of. 
  2. My family. I am so lucky to be celebrating another Christmas together with my family - all five of us! I know someday I might not be celebrating together with them because I might be working away from home in the future, but still I'm thankful that were together this Christmas - and we always will be! :)
  3. People. Friends. Random people. Bloggy friends. You! Come on, who celebrates Christmas alone? You know what they say, the more the merrier! I am thankful for people like you because you all make Christmas brighter and warmer (despite the cold weather)! And of course, more people = more food. Haha. Kidding!
  4. The Christmas Spirit. It never dies. The recent typhoon Haiyan showed proof of it. Whether or not it's Christmas, there is always something in us that gives even if we have nothing to give. Now that's what Christmas is all about, don't you agree?
  5. The little boy in the manger - Now there wouldn't be Christmas without the little and the great one - Jesus. We should remember that it's HIM coming and not Santa (don't get me wrong, I believe in Santa, but shouldn't we pay more attention to the celebrant?). After all, he's the reason why we celebrate Christmas!


What are you thankful for this Christmas?

1 comment: