MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
December 29, 2013

The Sunshine Award



I feel so giddy happy and honored for what I have received within the last month of October (Yes, October :/ At least I posted it before the year ended?)! A Sunshine Award... Or Awards! I would like to thank these pretty ladies for nominating me:
Thank you so much lovely ladies! I'm so sorry I just got to posting this. I have been a bad blogger and had this post sitting in my drafts for weeks, months even. But here goes... :)

The rules:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger/s.
2. Share 11 random facts.
3. Answer 11 questions from the nominating blogger.
4. List 11 bloggers to recommend.
5. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
6. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you. Enjoy!

11 Facts About Me:

  1. I will be graduating this March! Hello real world!
  2. I have a divided chin. :)
  3. I'm a righty.
  4. But I can write with both left and write hands. My left hand writing looks like that of a five year old, though. Not bad. Haha
  5. I can write backwards with both hands, too.
  6. I once had thick hair. 
  7. I'm not difficult to please.
  8. My pimples always always appear in the nose area.
  9. I can play the bandurria.
  10. My nails are always cut short.
  11. I can paint. :)
My answers to the questions below the cut! :) I do hope you don't fall asleep while reading my answers haha.

ALISSA'S QUESTIONS                                                                                         

Has anyone ever dared you to do something and what was it? 
Admit who my crush is. Lol! We were playing truth or dare so...

If given the chance, what would you like to be for halloween?
A pumpkin. Okay, just kidding! I want to be a ghost just because.

Which book or movie character do you most associate with?
I still haven't found a book whose characters I can wholly associate with. I'll tell you when I do! :)

Name 3 things you like about yourself.
Time for some self-praising? haha I like that I'm responsible and can be trusted with things, that I don't know how to get angry (that's what they say), and that I have a good set of teeth that makes for a nice smile! I like that I also have a sunny disposition that people are...oh wait that was three already!

What TV shows do you watch?
I really don't watch TV lately haha. When I do, I watch CSI, ANTM (because I love watching their photoshoots and photos!), Beauty and the Geek Australia, How Do They Do It, How It's Made, DC Cupcakes, the recent Cupcake Girls, Masterchef Australia and the Living Asia Channel. Oh, and also Annaliza, Kris TV, Ryza Show and Showtime. :)

If everyone in the world will have to go to an audition, what talent will you perform or if you choose to sing, what song will you sing?
Oh no! I can't bail out, can I? Lol! I definitely can't sing Alone or Listen or Love on Top in public even if I badly want to. Not unless you want to summon a really bad weather! I dare you not! I'm not certainly a good singer but hey, I can sing all the low notes! Haha! So after all the blabbering, it all comes down to this: Barney's "I Love You" Song. Applause please!

What does your last text message say? 
It was a quote from a friend saying 'Take all the chances if there's a chance. Don't waste every moment cause next time is too far, and last time is too late.' Wonderful quote to start a day with!

What was the craziest thing you've ever done in public?
Sing a French rap song? Geez it was crazy! It was during last year's Tourism Fair and I, together with 2 of my batchmates were contestants for the Foreign Language Competition. Lol! That was the first time I ever sang, rapped, and danced (was that even a dance?) in public! We did not win obviously, but it was fun!

What was the most romantic thing someone did to you?
None so far. Haha!

Would you rather be a famous YouTuber, Blogger, Writer, Actress or a singer?
I would want to be a famous blogger! That would be cool since I will get to meet, know and be known by people around the world! Add the travel opportunities whenever I'd get invited to another country (for free!) for a blogging conference or something! That would be too awesome for words! haha

When was the last time you cried because of happiness and what was the reason?
I don't exactly remember. But the last time I almost cried of happiness was while watching a noontime tv show. Lol! 

JEM'S QUESTIONS                                                                                               

What is your comfort food?
Anything sweet! Chocolate, cake, you name it! :D

Favorite shows from the 90s to early 2000s?
Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Power Rangers (I've always wanted to be Pink Ranger! Lol!), Teletubbies, Bananas in Pyjamas, Sesame Street, Barney and Friends and the uber cool Kim Possible!

Any favorite old movie?
The Parent Trap, Titanic, Jurassic Park, 13 Going on 30...and more! :)

What do you want to learn about?
I want to learn to play the piano! Always. I've had piano lessons when I was young but I sort of ditched it because it was difficult. :(

Who is your blogger crush?
I honestly have a lot of blogger crushes! Hahah. Just some of my favorites are Jenni of SOML, twinnies Aree of Messy Bun and Noor of Noor's Place, Melyssa of The Nectar Collective, Camie of Wild Spirit, Adriana of Horses of Ares and Marla of A Weekend Crossing. Their blogs, the way they do things, and the things they do appeal to me! In short, I just love love them and their blogs! Go ahead and take a look at them! :)

Where do you see your blog in two to three years time?
Still in blogspot. Lol. Kidding aside, I see it as something successful and something I can be really proud of. :) And perhaps, public? haha

DSLR or point and shoot camera?
I have a point and shoot camera but I would love to have a DSLR!

What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
The Grizzly Gulch Mine Cars and Ghost Galaxy ride at HK Disneyland! It was the first time in my whole teenage life that I've ever screamed at the top of my lungs! Lol!

How do you spoil yourself?
By blogging! Lol! I could allow myself to be in the internet for more or less ten hours! Believe me! I also spoil myself by allowing my uh...self to buy whatever it is that I want to buy. I always tend to spoil myself whenever I have spare money. Thus, I end up having a few savings. Pfft.

Any cheap thrills?
Window shopping! Lol!

Share some online shops you buy from.
I once bought some bottlecap necklace kits from Pretty Clipz. But, I don't really buy from online shops. I once tried buying at Sulit.com but I was scammed. That hurt. Thus, the end of online shopping for me.

MIRANDA'S QUESTIONS                                                                                    

What's your favourite thing about blogging?
That would be 1) expressing myself and sharing what I know with people 2) learning from other people's lives and my most favorite 3) getting to know fellow bloggers from around the world and being friends with them!

Why did you start blogging?
My interest for blogging started when I was almost done with my first college year (2012). I was in tumblr back then, and all I ever knew was reblog photos (because I think that's what tumblr was for that time. I still have my photoblog ssecondstartotheright because I was such a fan of Peter Pan haha.) Anyway, I was looking through random tumblr spaces and came upon someone's blog. I read her posts and noticed that they were about her life, her thoughts and everything in between - something like an online diary. So I said, 'Hey I want to do that too!' So that was why. :)

Trick or Treat?
I know it's too late to be trick-or-treating but lemme just say treaaaat!!

Who is your role model?
My mom. ;)

Favourite colour?
Pink and Yellow. :) Green used to be my favorite color. Hehe 

Favourite movie?
Of all time? Titanic!

If you could wish for one thing in this world what would you wish for?
A long happy and healthy life for me and my family!

Public transport or driving?
It all depends really. When I want to save, I'd choose public transport. When I'm in a hurry then I'd choose driving. But I don't have a car so I really don't have a choice. Hahah!

IPhone/Blackberry or Samsung
Definitely an iPhone! :)

Truth or Dare?
Uhm, dare?

WENDY'S QUESTIONS                                                                                         

Do you have a favorite sports team? 
I am not a sports-person and I'm in favor of every team who wins. Ha!

Bike, swim, run, or all three?
I can't ride a bike. I would love to run too but I think I'd rather swim! I have loved swimming ever since I learned how to (when I was about 17)! Hahah. I would have never learned if it weren't a subject in college.

How would you respond to a rude person? 
I just keep silent and walk away. Simple, eh? 

If you had to, which would you give up; sight, smell, touch, taste?
Oh no, this is hard! If I really had to, I would give up... *20 minute silence* *deep breath* *exhale*... touch? 

Would you cover for a co-worker who stole something from work? 
Nope. Definitely not. I wouldn't want to be accused as well.

Would you tell your best friend, if you saw their spouse cheating?
I can't relate to this question that much hehe. But then I wouldn't want to judge something based on what I saw. I think it's better that I leave it to her to discover since if I tell her and it's not true, it would only make them fight. Whaddya think? 

Carmel or Caramel? (Me and husband debate this all the time. I go with class :)
If this is a name, then I'll definitely choose Carmel. :)

When and where, was your last vacation? 
With the family? I think that would be last December during our trip to a local tourist attraction. :)

What is your favorite candy bar?
I don't know. I've never met a candy bar I didn't like. *wink

If you could change your first name, and wanted to, which name would you pick? 

If I really had to, I'd change it to perhaps Mary Catherine? Haha OR Mary Katherine! :)

Plaid or paisley?
I think that would be plaid? Haha! I have no idea. :/

SABRINA'S QUESTIONS                                                                                      

If you won the lottery (or had a large sum of money handed to you) what would you do with it?
Buy my dream house, travel with my family and have all the gadgets in the world! Hihi ;)


Why do you blog/what made you start blogging?
I've already answered this one, but here it is again - a shorter version. Haha. As some of you may know, I started in Tumblr as a reblogger. Then one day, I came upon a tumblr blog where the owner posts her daily activities, random thoughts, photos and other things and I said, 'Hey I want to do that too!'. So that was how it all started. :)

Do you have a certain blogging schedule you keep to or do you just blog when it "feels right"? 
When I have classes I do go on  a blogging schedule which is every night after all my homeworks are done but most times, I blog whenever I feel like - most especially during the times when ideas just flow like a river!

What's your best blogging advice? How do you promote your blog/link ups/giveaways you are doing?
The biggest blogging advise I could give, as cliche as it may sound, is to be yourself, be creative and don't hesitate to start a conversation. :) As to promotions, I use twitter mostly. Sometimes, when I have challenges or link-ups I email people to join in! I think emailing is one of the best because bloggers DO check their emails every single second! Agree? :)

How did you get your blog's name? 
I actually had sort of a hard time figuring out what to name my blog because I feel like all the wonderful blog names have been taken. haha. Then it hit me that no one knows about my blog except about two people and me, and that I am obsessed with it. Thus, Secret Obsession. :)

What type of blog posts do you find yourself reading more often? (Personal posts, reviews, etc)
I love reading personal posts and the ones that has something to teach, or something that I can learn from after I finish reading.

Do you wear makeup? If so, what's your favorite item of makeup?

Eh no. I hardly wear any make up everyday. I only do on special occasions and my fave item would be lipstick haha.

What's a goal you want to achieve in the next five years? Name a few if you have them!
Actually, I have made a few goals for me to achieve in the next couple of years


Describe your dream job.
A good paying job at an office where I get to do the back-of-the-house part of the operations? Uhhhh.... something that doesn't feel like work at all.

What is your love language?

Time. I do believe that making time for a person truly shows how much you care for them or how much they mean to you. Even making time to send a person a text message means that you remember them. :)

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I would say either in Australia or in the US :)

JESS' QUESTIONS                                                                                        

If you could be an animal for the day, what would you be?
I would want to be a bird. :) I want to feel what it's like to fly! Hehe

What is your all time favorite book? 
Kiddie story books! Haha! Especially the Disney ones - Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc! I still get eager to read the ending no matter how many times I've read it! Haha to the kid in me! :) I also love Uncle Arthur's story books!

What do you do to de-stress yourself/relax on a day off?
As much as I want to sleep on weekends, I can't. I don't know what's keeping me up. But I love getting myself busy. I either catch up on a book, stare at the ceiling, blog (it's a therapy), do some writing and daydream! :)

Coffee or tea? (Specific flavor? Milk & sugar?)
Yikes. I would say both coffee and tea. That would be milk tea and a 3-in-1 coffee.  :)

If you could live in a book/movie universe, which would you choose?
I would love to live in Cecelia Ahern's books! Haha! She's my new favorite author! ♥

Do you have a goal you'd like to complete this year?
I actually have written my Christmas vacation to-do list/goals a few days ago and cross fingers that I do it! 

You have a shopping spree at one store only, which do you choose?
If it's a book-shopping spree, definitely National Bookstore! If it's a clothes-shopping spree, then definitely at SM Department Store! Haha

Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Erich. Haha! I idolize her and even wrote about what it would be like, in my opinion, spending a day with her!

Next book on your reading list? (Or a book you want to read/re-read)
I'm still thinking whether to read Where Rainbows End or P.S. I Love You First. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. I've started it already but I intend to read it again from the top.

Do you have any hidden talents?
Yes I do! I can lift each of my brows at different times. I can also do it a bit fast like left up, right up, left up! Haha 

What does it look like outside your window?
Here let me just show you a photo!


Just kidding! Haha! It's actually nothing more than a few branches of a coconut tree and my neighbor's roof. I live at the second floor so...

TIFFANY'S QUESTIONS                                                                                      

Have you received any other Blog Awards?  If so, which ones?
Yes I have! I received a Liebster Award last June and another Liebster that I am yet to post. :)

How long have you been a Blogger?
I have been a blogger since the start of 2012, so that would be almost two years.

How often do you post?
As much as possible, I publish posts daily (of which I have made a habit out of the October Daily last time). But life has currently thrown me a lot of lemons (if you know what I mean), that I occasionally post these days. But I'm doing my best to update as much as I can. :)

Where is your favorite place to blog?
I love to blog here at my desk at home aka my favorite spot in the house. It's private here and I can blog in any position I want haha! Or my bed is just next to my desk, so whenever I feel like my eyes are tired or I'm out of ideas, I lie in bed and relax for a while. :)

What do you do when you hit a writing wall?
I don't like it when I hit the writing wall the same time I badly need something to post. With that, I try to give myself a break at first. Either I would go watch TV (because I might get an idea out of it) read a book, eat, or stare at the ceiling haha. And I just wait until an idea pops into my mind. The problem now is that I need to find that sentence to get the ball rolling and let the thoughts just flow freely, if you know what I mean. 

What is one tip you would give a new Blogger?
Be your own self. It's an old advice already given by many, but it works! A blog needs personality 

What is the last movie you saw (theater or home)?
Whoopsies! I totally forgot the last movie I saw at the theater. At home, that would be the movie So Undercover with innocent smiley Miley in it (for the nth time actually.) It's always on show and I just find myself watching it over and over again.

Where is your favorite place to eat out with your family?
I don't think we do have a favorite yet since we don't frequently eat out.

What is your favorite Social Media Network?
Definitely TWITTER! Haha! Making a blog twitter account was one of the best things I've done since I'm able to communicate fast with my bloggy friends! Twitter is a blogger's bestfriend, don't you agree? 

My Signature Question: Are you on the Coffee Crew or Team Tea?
Definitely both! :)

I NOMINATE YOU! 
Yes, you who just read this! :) Now go on and answer these questions below! Have fun!

MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU!
  1. If you won $500 from a giveaway, what would you buy?
  2. What are your guilty pleasures?
  3. If you were a superhero, what would your name be?
  4. What was your favorite movie (the one you can bear to watch all over again) as a child/teen?
  5. If you had a whole week to yourself, what would you do? Where would you go?
  6. If you could bring back a certain past moment in your life, what would it be? Why?
  7. What is your favorite season of the year? Why?
  8. If you were a singer and are going to launch your very first album, what would you name it?
  9. If you had a home somewhere else, where would it be?
  10. What do you do when you're bored?
  11. Do you have a dog? (Nah, just askin. :] )

13 comments:

  1. It's so coll that you can write backwards! Haha, I can barely write normally. Great post, I always like reading these because I feel like I get to know the blogger better :)
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! :) I love posts like this, getting to know new bloggers is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodDecember 30, 2013 5:13 AM

    Yay! so happy you accepted! You so certainly deserve this...I can't believe you took on the task of accepting so many nominations in one post! Whew! You are brave :D I applaud you! Congrats and I can't wait to see where you and your blog are headed in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting nominated! Serious props to you for answering all these questions, I can't even imagine doing a post half as long as this one. :P It's a good thing that this is the first post of yours that I've read, so I can get to know you in a short(er) amount of time.

    I don't wear makeup either and I'm addicted to all things sweet as well. :D Love how you came up with the name of your blog and I can't wait to read the rest of your posts!

    Happy New Year Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun to read them all . Tell me how long did it take to process it ALL? :) if that scene was really from your window , I probably would force myself to visit you ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! It actually took me since October or November. I wanted to post it asap but I thought it would be a bit unfair if I had one word or one sentenceanswers to these so..haha I wish too Noor. I had a hard time finding that photo tho. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heheh. Thank you Shawn! :p Welcome to my blog and Im glad for you! You got to know a lot of things about me during your first visit! :)
    High five sister! Sorry make-up junkies! hihi What are your favorite sweets? ;)
    Looking forward to stalking each other's blog too Shawn! Happy New Year! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the nomination Mrs Tee! <3 It's because of these awards that I learn to love blogging even more! :) I was planning to post this asap but it took almost two months! Haha Thanks again and cheers to another blogging year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Brianna! <3 I do too and it truly is the best! The reason why I love joining Q&A link-ups! hehe Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. It's crazy! Though writing with the left hand is hard haha Thank you Sierra! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww you're my blogger crush too<3 And seriously I agree with Noor...I can't believe you went through all of them! They were really fun to read though :] I can't believe you French rapped in public, I could never have been so brave! And you can definitely become a famous blogger one day soon my dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. <3 Thank you Marla! And yes, it was embarrassing! I had actually brought a copy of the song with me onstage in case I forget haha I was literally reading the lyrics! But it was fun though :)

    ReplyDelete