MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
December 1, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: A Blogging Challenge

It's finally that time of the year! HELLO DECEMBER! There will be sad and dark streets no more because of all those bright lights surrounding people's houses! The cobwebs, bats and spiders on shop displays have been replaced by tiny and colorful blinking lights, Santa hats, fake fir tree branches, and cotton balls (for the snow effect). Bright yellow stars will once again appear on trees, lighting the entire park at the city - one of my favorite evening scenery. And of course, 'tis the wonderful time for happy and memorable homecomings and gatherings - aaaand delicious food! I can still remember fragments of Christmas last year, and here we are, celebrating it again. In a while, it'll be another year - a new beginning. This year has truly been great and exciting and so full of wonderful memories that I will truly treasure! Thank you Lord! It'll be my 9th month in the blogosphere this 9th of December (I can't believe it!) and I am truly truly (double word intended) thankful for all the wonderful friends I've met and the conversations that took place in such time! :)

So anyway, here comes another blogging challenge! I've waited for this (and I hope you have too)! I figured doing a daily blogging challenge was a bit exhausting, and it will be, especially now that I'm back in school (and this time, with huge responsibilities at hand). So I've decided to put tasks/prompts every other day for 12 days - ending just in time for the 25th! :) How is that? Are you in? Read on!

 

I'd be lying if I said there aren't any rules when there actually are. Or there actually aren't rules because you have the option to do it or not. But still we're supposed to follow some things. I don't know I'm confusing us haha. Okay So here are DA RULEZ the rules:
  • You are not allowed to skip a day. Kidding! Haha! You surely can skip a day or even post something else instead of the prompt because, well, it's your blog and it's up to you! :)
  • I would love it if you'd put the image above (just right-click, copy the image URL and link it to this post) at the end of your post or at least in your sidebar so more people can join in too when they see it!
  • You are encouraged to link your post up so everybody else can read it as well! Link-ups will be up between 8-10 pm PST (Philippine Standard Time) or 7-9am EST. Am I right? (I'm actually bad at time zones.) We're ending the day and you're just starting it. Cool! 
  • We all love comments, yes we do! So let's all read each other's posts and write little notes of love that will surely make our day! :)
  • No problemo if you joined in late! :) Link-ups will be open until the end of December so you're still in sister (or brother)!

THE PROMPTS
December 2. Five things you are thankful for this Christmas.
December 4. Five Christmas presents you want to receive.
December 6. Five people you want to celebrate Christmas with. These people should be those who are far from you or they may be near you but whom you don't get to spend much time together.
December 8. Five goals you wish to achieve this Christmas vacation.
December 10. Write five short letters for five people. You don't have to really give it to them, but it would be great if you did!
December 12. Five things you love about Christmas. 
December 14. Five pieces of clothing for this time of the year.
December 16. Five snippets from today's happenings.
December 18. Five Christmas wishes for five people.
December 20. Five Christmas Pinterest finds! It can either be food, outfits, presents etcetera! 
December 22. Five things you plan to do on Christmas Eve.
December 24. Five photos wonderful moments from the past 24 days of December.

P.S. I know I owe you all an apology and an explanation for not updating as per usual. Peace!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey hey! Say hey-lloooo to my lovely lady sponsor down here! :)


AMANDA of 
NIESCIOR'S NOTES

My blog is my space on this crazy internet where I get to share the things that I am interested in and that I find relevant in my life... I feel like my blog is filled with a variation of topics and is a light and easy read... I take things one day at a time and do my best to keep it real and write posts that can make people happy!

Go check Amanda out on her blog and keep up with her on facebook and twitter! Don't forget to give her some blog love too!


10 comments:

  1. Great blogging challenge Mary! Count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such fun idea Mary! Woohoo! for your 9 month in this wonderful bloggyland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this link up idea... Gosh, I look so attractive in that photo... LOL! Thanks girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I was arguing with myself whether to do it or not because of school. But I won (haha) and knew some of you have waited for this. So I hope you enjoy! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amanda! Come and join in! :) Hehe Always welcome my girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second the 'woohoo' motion! Hahah! I'm hoping you can join in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES YES YES YES YES I WAS WAITING SO LONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uff it sounds great! I would love to join, but I'm gonna be so much on the road in Deember, I don't know if I can do all of those... :( But I'll be reading yours for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So I get to join your challenge soon since my one is finishing up soon. I'll join up from the 14th onwards :)

    ReplyDelete