MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
November 23, 2013

Inspiring Saturday: Mind Power


A few days ago (Tuesday to be exact), during our first meeting with our instructor particularly in the Tourism Planning and Development class, we were asked about what we expect in the subject. I gathered the courage to answer first, and here's what I said: 'We expect that this subject will not be that easy. But with the help of each other, the work will be easier.' Or something that goes along with those lines. Other answers included statements like, 'We expect this subject to be challenging and fun', 'We expect to learn more', 'We expect that it will be difficult...' and etcetera.

The subject, more known as Feasib (short for Feasibility), appears to us as a somewhat difficult subject; this is based on what we have observed with our seniors, or on what they have told us when they were taking the subject. Add our teacher who, like most students say, is very strict, intimidating and a bit of a terror. Anyway, we met with him (our teacher) for the first time, and we were a bit nervous. Ok, a lot. But when he started talking about the power of the mind after we told our expectations, we began to ease a bit.

He told us that we should not see something as 'difficult'. A more appropriate term for that would be 'challenging'. We should always see the good side of things, because if we keep dwelling on the bad side of it, then most likely that will be the result.

After a couple of meetings, he got to share bits of his life and we realized that he was not that scary at all - he can crack a joke and make the class laugh hysterically! Though he talks like he's angry sometimes, I think that's just how he talks. For a few years, we have set our minds that he was such a teacher, but we realized that he is not. I think this goes hand in hand with the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover.' OR 'Don't judge a book by the reviews. Read it yourself to find out if it's good or not.' Haha.

We are still yet to know if the subject really is easy or challenging. But one thing is for sure - we have initial plans and I am so over the moon excited! So to end this, a little reminder that the mind is a very powerful tool. Use it to your advantage, not to your disadvantage. Something isn't that hard if you don't think of it as 'hard'. Think positive. Be an optimist. You can do anything if you believe you can.

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading it. Actually I had a teacher who behaved so cranky . I was always so sad over it because everyone else in class was desperate. But after sometime , we all realized he wasn't so bad . He was strict at some points and wanted us to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, I'm glad that you're being positive. I was actually worried when I saw your tweet about your teacher, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my clinical instructor in one of my major classes during my fourth year in college too. He's so intimidating and strict. He ALWAYS gives us a pretest so never dare enter his class without reading your book, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I totally agree too. Mind over matter, ALWAYS. I love your posts, Mary! They are so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete