MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
November 18, 2013

A Letter to my Future Self

Happy Mondays! I hope you all had/are having a great day! Earlier, I had managed to go through my Bloglovin and came upon Rachel's blog post. It was a letter from her 2011 self! So guess what? I wrote myself a letter too, using futureme.org, to be sent today next year! Yup-yup! So I encourage you too to write yourself a letter and send it months or years later, too! You'll feel surprised, happy, great, wonderful and a lot of other emotions when you receive it - though I'm not sure myself as I have just sent my first letter to my future self. You can go take a peek or read the whole letter that I wrote me.


Dear Mary of 2014,

Hi! How are you? I hope you are doing fine. :) You might probably be at work right now, but I hope that you do receive and take time to read this letter I wrote to you.

Today, one year ago, was your first day of school in the last semester of your college life - the day you wore your uniform again after six months. You were very eager to go to school and see your classmates. The first day of school was, as usual, made up of crowded and chaotic hallways (with students searching for their schedules) and half empty classrooms. It was a sunny Monday morning and everything was great! You had your first period class at eight in the morning, with your Program Head as your teacher. 

It was an all important class - the Events Management class. You listened attentively, like you always did. You discussed classroom policies, requirements etc and at last, the appointment of tasks and choosing of the event to be handled.

When your teacher asked the whole class on who will be the Events Manager/Coordinator for your class' chosen event, they immediately chorused your name. 'Someone with an eye for detail. Responsible.' That was what your teacher said the Events Manager should be - and your classmates chose you! You felt the rush of excitement as well as the nervousness of what is yet to come - but you were really mostly excited. Together with your classmates, you chose to handle the Tourism Night - which will be the last Tourism Night you'll probably ever have. With that, ideas kept flowing into your mind like a river that never runs dry. You can be this creative! :)

Right now, one year ago, it's several minutes past 9 in the evening, and you were sitting in your desk, still writing this letter. You were thinking about how much your classmates put their trust in you, how much they believe in you. You were always the one they voted because they knew you were capable of doing things. You told yourself, 'I can do this! We can all do this!'.

Before I end this letter, let me just tell you that there are more of this to come. They are chronicles of your last semester in college. I figured this would serve as a wonderful diary - a wonderful reminder of how you were and what you were doing a year ago as well as the progress and the outcome of your Tourism Night. I hope you read all of it. :)

I wish you well and all the best in life Mary! 
Always be happy! :)

Love lots,
Mary of 2013

5 comments:

  1. Jenni @ Flying on a RainbowNovember 19, 2013 2:53 AM

    I did this a few months ago, as part of my 101 in 1001 project. I set it up to arrive around the time my challenge finishes in 2016 - and I've already completely forgotten what I wrote in it! So I'm sure it will be a great surprise.I hope a year from now you have achieved everything you hope to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this makes me excited about receiving my letter! haha Thank you Jenni! I have read all about your 101 in 1001 project and it looks exciting! I'm gonna start making my own list too and post it here when I'm done! Thanks Jenni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds exciting :D I want to try it too, haha :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodNovember 20, 2013 10:01 AM

    This is a really cool idea. Great post! May have to try it someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember writing myself a letter way back in high school when I found the site on Cadymg's COC blog. It's great to learn something from your past self! :)

    ReplyDelete