Today's prompt is to share at least five reasons why I blog. Blogging has always been one of my stress-relievers. A therapy. This, perhaps is one of the most common reasons why people blog. But besides blogging as a therapy, there are also reasons why people (or in this case, I) blog.
1. It gives me a chance to express myself. I'm not very vocal about my thoughts or feelings in real life. All in all, I'm not really a very vocal person. But with blogging, I can just sit there and type all my thoughts and feelings out without having to talk (well maybe except inside my head). And it's better because I can write the things that I cannot say in real life, and include the things that are often left unsaid. :)
2. It's good for remembering important dates and occasions. I think I'm not the only one who does this. Am I, right? :) A blog is not just a diary, it's like a planner too! Through blogging, I can keep track of when events happened or are about to happen.
3. It improves my writing skills. Pretty much self-explanatory. :)
4. It serves as a mirror to oneself. Was there a time where you backread your own posts and it felt like you were reading somebody else's blog? There comes a time when we express something and suddenly we sound like a totally different person. Through blogging ourselves out, we may be able to know ourselves better and say hey, I didn't know I had a side like that!
5. I want to be able to influence people. Through my blog, I want to be able to influence and inspire my readers in my own little ways. Don't we all want to? :)
6. Someday you'll look back at what you've written in your blog and you'll be able to compare the kind of person you were then, and the person you are now. Sometimes, it's amazing how much someone can change in a matter of a month or years. As you write, you are able to express how you feel and later on, when you read your own posts, you too will be able to know the kind of person you were, the kind of person you've become and how much you've grown through the years based on your writing.
7. You. Yes. You! I blog because of you! If it weren't for you, lovely reader, I wouldn't be here blogging right now. :) So, thank you for being here. Thank you being one of the reasons why I started this blog, for inspiring me to write and for keeping this blog alive.
How about you? Why do you blog?
Link the title of your post below, and don't forget to visit and comment on other blogs! :)