MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
October 19, 2013

The Things I believe in

Hello everyone! It's currently 10 PM in here. I love the cold and quiet. :) Today was indeed busy. Early in the morning, I prepared breakfast for my sister who will be joining a Read-A-Thon at a nearby town (and she won first place! Great job sissy!). Afterwhich, we prepared to attend the interment of a neighbor. Right after that, we went to the city to buy some things needed for the incoming District Sports Meet that will be held here in our town. I thought it would just be a quick appointment but maaaan, it was long and tiring! It took us 7 hours to finish all transactions even if we never left the block. But it was still fun since I get to bond with my Mom. :) 

It's Day 19 of the October Daily! The prompt: Tell us about something you believe in.



I believe in the power of a genuine smile. I once heard a story about a guy who was really depressed. He had plenty of problems in his life. That early morning, he went for a walk at the bridge. On the way, a man doing his morning jog passed by him and greeted him a good morning. The man looked at him in the eyes and smiled - a genuine one. He saw the kind expression on the man's eyes. He continued walking, but came to sudden halt. From there, he turned back and went home. Want to know why? That morning, he had planned to end his life by jumping on that bridge. The thought was on his mind the whole time, until this man passed by him. Perhaps, he realized that he should change his life's perspective, stop worrying about his problems and be optimistic. But one thing is for sure, he was changed by the man who smiled at him - a simple yet powerful gesture. A smile can somehow mend a broken heart, comfort a friend and make the world a better and brighter place to live in.

(see tomorrow)
I believe in true love.
I believe that there is hope even in the darkest of days.
I believe in the will of God.

P.S. It's been a busy week and I'm catching up on reading all of your blogs! :) Have a great weekend!

What are the things you believe in?

4 comments:

  1. A smile can brighten up someone's day. Agree with you on this. Positivity is the way and add a smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodOctober 20, 2013 3:47 AM

    This is so true! My home church used to have myself and a few other young people as 'Greeters' at the entrance...our only job? To Smile at visitors and members as the came in. It was amazing how you could visibly see someone's spirit lift simply by offering them a genuine smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember once when I saw a guy in a bar who was sitting in the window alone and he looked so so upset, so I broke away from my friends, knocked on the window and waved and smiled! This makes me remember that. I hope it is true x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Just beautiful, and that's something I believe in too. I appreciate that you chose something seemingly simple but actually so powerful for this prompt.

    ReplyDelete