MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
October 21, 2013

Takeover Tuesday (On a Monday): Meet Apple

Howdy mates! Today's prompt is a bit different because we won't be posting about ourselves or our routines. Today, we will be posting about another blogger! Yippee! This is very timely since I have my Takeover Tuesdays coming up tomorrow! So without further adieu, here's Apple of Little Cartographer

For a little introduction, Apple is also a senior college student from my country - a kababayan! We virtually met months ago through the Better Blogger Network! She, in her own words, is a hopeless romantic, a proud bookworm, an INFP, a struggling artist, and an aspiring writer. I tell you, she's a really great writer! She's even featured on Freshly Pressed! How cool is that? 


Who is your favorite blogger? Why do you like her/him?
I keep tabs on local (Filipino) bloggers separately, so my favorite among these is currently Camie Juan of Wild Spirit. She has a great blog and personality: she’s creative, imaginative, independent, and funny. Internationally, it’s Sarah Von Bargen of Yes and Yes. She’s so well-organized, creative, ambitious, and kind of brilliant as far as I can tell. Seeing a new blog post from them on my feed always gets me excited. 


How did you come up with your current blog name?
This is a jumbled-up explanation, so bear with me. Haha. A couple of years ago, some new friends nicknamed me “Maps,” which is another long story in itself. I soon discovered the word “cartographer” from a short story, which means “map-maker.” I loved the word, and it made sense to me. Calling myself a cartographer sort of means that I’m a maker of myself, which I pretty much am J It also sets the tone of my blog, which is reflective and personal.


If you were given a chance to have a free blog makeover, who would you want to do the make-over for you? :)
I would want Allie Principe of Four-Eyed Wonder because I think she has incredible taste and talent in design. Her style is clean but not bland, with pops of color; it's a style I relate with and which I have been trying to master all year. I am secretly a fangirl of hers. Haha. 

If you were given a chance to ask a celebrity 3 questions, who would that celebrity be and what would you ask?
I’d ask Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone and/or Natalie Portman:
1. What is the issue or advocacy closest to you?
2. What do you think young girls today need to hear or know?
3. If you would be remembered for one thing after you die, what would you want it to be?
I picked these women and these questions because I think they are or they could be great role models to girls everywhere, and their stand on issues is important and influential.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
This is a hard one, because I have a lot! But I decided to go for something I call the "victim complex." This is when a person sees himself or herself as the victim in any situation, even in cases where no one is at fault. An example is Ross Geller in FRIENDS, who has major victim issues. His shampoo and conditioner spilled in his bag and he yelled, "Why do bad things happen to good people?"
  
Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
As a "book-was-better" purist, this is rare for me. But I really really liked The Great Gatsby. It’s said to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, American novels there are, but I didn’t enjoy it (although I did understand its message). The movie, on the other hand, felt beautiful, full of meaning, and brilliantly ironic: compliments usually awarded to the book.

P.S. It's exactly 10 days before the October Daily ends! Yippee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh the victim complex! I know this well and share the peeve with you!

    ReplyDelete