MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
October 25, 2013

My Little Hometown


Now that is one beautiful sight!

Yippee-yay! Today I get to show you all my beloved little hometown! I live in a humble and small town towards the southern west tip of Panay Island here in the Philippines. It's a town full of greenery, fresh air and hospitable people. It's a fourth class municipality but it's constantly thriving to become more progressive. In here, people are living the simple country life, which is just the way I like it. Waking up to a fresh morning air and the sound of birds, seeing the sun set behind the mountains, having neighbors who are like family, the quiet afternoons, the joyful town celebrations and the clean crisp evening air - these are just some of the wonderful things about this town that keep me coming back and never want to leave. 

We may be a small town but we have everything we need right here. We have a plaza adorned with landscaped plants, a playground, basketball court, a huge market, and public transportation to the city from early morning till five. As for our tourist spots, we have a two-century old Calachuchi tree that grows beside our Municipal Hall, a mountain formed by legends, as well as tempting waterfalls! Actually, you can see our main tourist spots in one place - painted on a wall at our fish market. Creative, yes? :) Now let me take you to a peek through our town with these photos!

These were taken at different times though. I was lazy to go out this morning so I made use of all the previous photos. Hehe


Behold, the streets of our neighborhood! Ain't the skies lovely? 



Our front errr...yard.


Oohh I love this one! It's the view from the back of the house! I love watching the sunset from here!




Messy front yard.


This is our church! That white building you can see out there is our Municipal Hall. There was obviously a wedding when I took this picture. :)


That's the view of our covered gym right there as seen from the church. Those jeepney's are our mode transportation - only in the Philippines guys! :) And that field right there is where most of the programs during town celebrations occur, as well as the place where the carnival is situated.





Just another signage. I don't know, I felt the need to include this. Lol!


This one was taken from the farm in the mountains. We went there when we had a visit to a relative and saw these wonderful hues! This is too wonderful to be missed, so I took a photo!


This is how it looks like when we have our annual festival. During the first day, several drum corps in colorful attire grace the crowd with drum and lyre corps exhibition!




There you have it! A little peek at my hometown! Perhaps, sooner or later I can take more photos and take you to a tour around town! That would be great! :)

Tell us a little about where you live, too!

12 comments:

  1. I love the photo taken from the farm in the mountains :) Youve got lovely hometown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo taken from the farm in the mountain. :) You've got lovely home town btw. :D I hope you do another "blog every day in *insert month here*" its really entertaining. Its just sad its ending soon. :( And I'm up for another one! :D 2nd attempt to send this, I just instantly click the post button eh. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful photos of your hometown and your church is gorgeous. I have included a flashback post in my actual post today, where I included photos and some background of my own hometown that I grew up in. Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos of your town! it looks so vibrant and colorful. Plus, I have a special place in my heart for palm trees. :)


    I am really looking forward to this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place! I just love all the colours in sky, in kids's dresses and the rainbow! I'm from a big city with skyscrapers everywhere so the greenery attracts me towards it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It's one of my favorites too! I just love taking photos of sunsets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weeeee! Thank you Ate! :) I'm so happy that you enjoyed it! Spoiler alert: I have one all planned out this December! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. It gets better than that, believe me! :) Perhaps this gives you another reason to visit the Philippines! Yay! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Palm trees and blue skies are great partners, yes? :) Thank you Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Janine! :) I've read your post and your hometown looks something like that in the movies! And I loved that painting ! Happy weekend and happy halloween! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodOctober 27, 2013 3:24 AM

    Beautiful!!! I am so in love with yor architecture. The church is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we have our ancestors to thank for that! :)

    ReplyDelete