MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
October 27, 2013

My 18th Birthday Bash

Is it the 27th already?? Wow! Even time is in a hurry! Today, we (my highschool friends and I) had a little gathering at the beach! See, we've made it our class tradition to reunite at least once a year during vacations. I will go into detail about that later in another post. :)

Meanwhile, today's October Daily prompt is: Imagine you are only seventeen right now, and your big 18th birthday bash is happening next month. How are you going to plan for it? Like: What would the theme be? How many people are invited? Will it happen at the beach? Be creative! It's your birthday after all. Don't forget the photos! :)

I have had my debut two years ago. It was a simple celebration and thanksgiving with a few friends and family. It wasn't extravagant, but it was already enough for me. :)  But if [we were rich and] I had to recreate that day, this would be it. :) Here are a few Pinterest photos!

 

The beach is just the perfect place for this occasion! It's just dreamy! Imagine: dancing to a slow music with the guys who hold the 18 roses, with the setting sun and the sound of beach waves in the background! Perfect! And the table setting is just the way I want it!


Plus, colorful floral centerpieces too!


Next, the cake! Or rather a 5-tier cupcake cake. Lol! This looks so so yummy! 



I'd love to wear a chiffon gown with these details and pink sandals. Or all of us can go barefoot because hellooo it's the beach! :) I'd have some curls on my hair too, plus a floral crown!



Hmm...what else? Oh yeah, the food! I think I'll leave that one for the chef? But I would like to see and taste something new, and of course there would be lots of chocolate desserts! The party will be among the family, family friends and a few close friends! The program will be just like the normal program for a debut, plus lots of dancing, talking and partying at the beach! Oh, and night swimming too! :D

How would you plan for your 18th birthday if you had a chance?

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! :) You should tell us about your debut! I didn't have one, so I'd love to hear about someone's actual 18th birthday debut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty photos!
    I had my debut last year and the last photo was kinda my theme colours. Pink and Purple.
    That cupcake stand is just wow!! I'm gonna try and make one these days hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodOctober 28, 2013 1:53 AM

    So pretty! I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww pretty pictures! Gosh I just love pinterest.


    My debut was pretty bittersweet, because it was also sort of my farewell party before leaving for NZ.


    Waaah na-se-senti ako bunso! Hehe :P


    You should be a party planner, with your great taste in decoration and food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH good Pinterest finds! I am so obsessed with that site, plus you planned a perfect birthday party! The beach is so ideal for any big party...barefoot in the fancy clothes is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna ApanasewiczOctober 28, 2013 8:44 PM

    beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd definitely get this pile of cupcakes & those sandals!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete