MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
October 22, 2013

Book Review: True Blue by Luanne Rice


Hi everyone! It's Day 22 of the October Daily! How fast is this month! Today's prompt tells us to do a review about anything! So, here goes a review of a book from my new favorite author Luanne Rice!  

THE PLOT
True Blue is a story about two sisters, Rumer and Elizabeth Larkin, and the boy next door, Zeb Mayhew. Veterinarian Rumer Larkin never felt the need to stray from Hubbard's point. Rich with legends of seafaring spirits and lost treasures, the rustic village still echoes with the memories of Rumer's past - even after those she loved have left. But now, so many summers after Zeb broke her heart, he has returned with his teenage son, and Rumer knows her quiet life will never be the same again.

Zeb has come back hoping to reconnect with his son, with the past and all its mistakes. Suddenly facing Rumer again, Zeb discovers where he belongs. He could never forget the girl who used to climb onto his roof with him to watch the stars. But neither Zeb nor Rumer knows if it's too late to do more than regret the path not taken - or if every path leads us back to the one true love of our life...

"a story of a love lost - and saved - by the power of what was truly meant to be"

I am so glad I didn't have any doubts in buying this book! Once I read the plot, I knew it would be a really good book! And so it was! The story has an interesting twist to it and so many surprises! Alongside, there is also another love story in the making. :) To give you a little bit of a spoiler: Yes, Zeb Mayhew (astronaut) married Elizabeth Larkin (actress) and they had a son. I felt totally sorry for Rumer in this. Imagine having your sister marry your first love! Ouchie. As you can see, there is some sort of sister rivalry happening in here. Things haven't been well between Zeb and Liz and you can picture how difficult this is for Michael, their son. Zeb wanted to reconnect with Michael so he takes him to where they came from - Hubbard's point. From here, their lives are changed forever. If you believe in unicorns and the power of fate and destiny, this book is totally for you! 

Honestly, I picked this book up because somehow, I can relate to it. Lol! You know, first love, one great love and all that jazz - but not the 'marrying' part though lol. Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down! Her writing is so compelling and exquisite! When I read, I can see a clear picture of what's happening in my head - and that's what I want when I read a book. I want to be able to picture it - at the same time see how it will come as a movie lol. She has the gift that enables her to write something that evokes feelings and connect events in such a wonderful way (I really am loss for words!) I believe that this book is perfect and Rice is a real genius! Ten stars!


Here are some wonderful (and highlighted) lines/sentences from the book:

  • Why do you spend all your time chasing starlight? That's all it is, you know. By the time that light travels through space, the star might not even exist anymore. Earth, Zeb. That's where people belong. - 15 year old Rumer to 15 year old Zeb.
  • I tracked you from space, he whispered. I never stopped...even while I was with Elizabeth. I've watched for you all this time.
  • Only instead of leaving a part of myself behind, I was sending it ahead. Straight from my heart, all these years...I was sending it from where I was, up there, down to you. At the speed of light...only I was so far away, it's taken till now for it to arrive.
  • Who cared about being pretty? I'd stare in the mirror and wish I were smarter - then I'd be as good as you. . .You were natural - no makeup, never time to fix your hair...everyone loved you.
  • If this were a shipwreck, I'd save your life.
What product, item or place did you review?

11 comments:

  1. This does sound like a great book and loved how they were destined to be. Will have to try to read it now and thanks for sharing, Mary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I reviewed a fragrance by Taylor Swift called Wonderstruck. Here's a link to it :)
    http://anna-czarina.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/wonderstruck-by-taylor-swift.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie @ Diary of a DebutanOctober 23, 2013 6:01 AM

    This sounds like a great read! Thank you for the review :) New follower from the GFC Collective, and I hope you'll drop by and follow along my blog, as well. Have a fabulous week!


    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good book. I'll have to check it out. Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds an awesome book . I am hooked !! I will look for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a really good book! :) Good luck on finding one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely should! Its a really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Wendy! :) You should read it too! Such a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youre welcome Janine! :) I love reading stuff like this. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah! Thanks for stopping by! :) You should give it a peek!

    ReplyDelete