MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
October 25, 2013

#AskAwayFriday with Mrs Tiffany!

Hi everyone! How was your Friday so far? Mine is good! :) We had a surprise today! My Aunt, who is a Nun, came home from Cebu! She lives and teaches in Sisters of Mary School for Boys which is also affected by the earthquake that recently happened. They had all their students return to their places here in Iloilo until the aftershocks are over. She accompanied some of the boys in going home, so after that she proceeded home. And now here she is! We've just finished praying the rosary and now everyone's asleep (except me and my brother who's busy with the computer). :D

And since it's friday, it's time for #AskAwayFriday! Yippee-yay! (That rhymes!) A few days ago, I received a message on twitter from Mrs Tiffany inviting me to join the link-up and swap questions with her. It looks fun so I said yes! And here I am now, answering her questions! :)



I think one of the best blogging decisions I've made is having a blogging challenge, because I get to meet and know a lot of wonderful ladies including Mrs Tee, Team Haywood's Momma. =) She has six wonderful children and one loving husband she likes to call 'Hubby'. She blogs at Love Life Laughter which has a wonderful meaning to it - 'In every situation and scenario I’ve ever faced, Love Life and Laughter have gotten me through…the Love of my God my Hubby and my Kiddies plus the Life we are so Blessed with and the Laughter they always bring me. -Mrs Tee'. 

Now here are Mrs Tee's questions for me! Also when you're done, don't forget to visit her blog and see her answers to my questions! :) 

1. How did you come up with a name for a blog?
I had Maryiad for a blog name before I came up with SOB. It's a cross between Mary and myriad which translates to something like 'the different sides of Mary'. Does that makes sense? Lol! Anyway, the reason behind the blog name is in the name itself. I could have thought of something nicer but this one is special because it descibes pretty much what this blog is - a secret obsession. None of my family members (well maybe except my 12 yo sister) and friends know that I have a blog. It's a secret. Blogging has become more of a daily routine ever since I began at the start of 2012. I was hooked and kind of obsessed with it. So that's how Secret Obsession came about. :)

2. Being a Tourism Major, what are some of the places on the top of your to go List?
I figured I should visit a few places from our continent first, so here are my Top 5 to-go places in Asia.
  1. Macau -  I would love love love to go around Macau on foot in the evening!
  2. Thailand - I'd want to visit the Temples as well as the resorts!
  3. Korea - just because! :)
  4. Taiwan - I saw on TV once that Taiwan has these beautiful resorts on top of their mountains and I'd like to pay it a visit. :)
  5. Malaysia - I'd love to see the Petronas towers plus visit all the wonderful nature reserves/National Parks!
3. Is this your first blog? If not, what was your prior one like?
This would be my second blog. I've had one in Tumblr that I started more than a year ago. It was also a personal blog but with way more personal posts. Mostly, I would blab about how my day went, write essays about my crush (haha), post random photos and one-liners and reblog. Typical tumblr blogger. Lol! 
4. What do you do to relax?
I read blogs! :) Isn't that a fun way to relax? Or sometimes, I put on some slow music, lie in bed and feel the fresh country air. Sometimes, I read a book or two. :D
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I see myself as a succesful woman who has a stable job, and has already crossed off all of her 'Goals before 25' bucketlist (which I am yet to make). 
6. Does your family read your blog?
Nope. :) They don't even know I have one. 
7. What is your favorite guilty pleasure food (I know the internet is you guilty activity...lol)?
Cake and chocolates. Yeah, I can sometimes finish several servings of cake or even a whole big bar of Kitkat's. Haha!
8. Would you rather go bowling or catch a movie?
I don't know how to bowl so I think I'll just watch a movie. I'd really want to learn how to bowl, though.
9. Would you rather type or hand write a letter?
Though I fancy typing, I would rather hand write a letter especially when its a personal one. I think that makes it even more special. :)
10. My signature question: are you part of the Coffee Crew or the Tea Team?
Honestly, neither. Sorry guys. Haha! I both love coffee and tea. As for coffee, I'd love an ice-cold one and as for tea, I love milk tea! :)
Yay! All done with Mrs Tee's questions! :) Join us next week on Ask Away Friday! I'ts simple! All you need to do is find a friend whom you can swap questions with on or before Wednesday of the week, post your answers up on Friday, and link-up on the co-hosts' blog! You can go tweet about it too using the #AskAwayFriday hashtag.

We'll be expecting you next week on the link-up! :)

14 comments:

  1. Id love to join! :) Mind if I ask you to be my first #askawayfriday? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany Mrsh HaywoodOctober 25, 2013 10:55 PM

    Hi Mary! I am so glad you agreed to swap with me this week! It has been a great way to get to know you more. I am so happy we connected through the October Challenge. I can't believe you haven't told ANYone in your family about your Blog..that's cool and odd. Cool because it's something that's just yours and then odd because being an obsession I would want to share it with someone...The architecture in the photo you included is so beautiful! I love looking at buildings and the colors are gorgeous...I would love to visit.


    Thank you again for connecting with #AskAwayFriday and for inviting others to do the same. I hope to see you next week. Don't forget to come by and link up your post so the other Bloggers can see your answers and visit your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Chevalley RHOCCOctober 25, 2013 11:16 PM

    thank you for joining us! I love that your family/friends don't know about your blog, sometimes I wish mine was more sheltered from family. I'd love to travel to some of the places you named...maybe later in life when the kids are grown :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I can't believe none of your friends or family know you blog! ME TOO! I've wondered how you got your blog name before...glad I have the answer now :] Also it was really nice to see your hometown...it looks very beautiful and I would love to visit sometime! Having neighbors like family must be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy May @ effiegirlOctober 26, 2013 8:41 AM

    I know only my hubster reads my blog daily. A friend now and then, and my sister in-law everyday, she said. I've told family and friends, but they don't seem to have time. I'm happy that it is personal for me. Some people are too judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bowling is fun even if you don't know how to. Trust me, I'm the world's worst at it, but if you get a group of friends together it could be a lot of fun. But like you, I usually just stick to a movie!
    Thanks for joining in on Ask Away Friday with us! Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was once invited by my friends to go bowling on a weekend but I think it didnt happen! Haha. Thank you Amber! :) This is one fun link-up indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure Ate Nicole! :) See ya on Friday! And I'll be preparing my questions for you early this week! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed! I myself feel more okay about the idea of the whole world (wow) reading my blog than have it read by people I know just because. But it's nice too to have someone close to you read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *high five* haha! I don't know, I find it kind of awkward. Do you too?
    Thanks! Omg I would totally prepare a little feast if you'd come visit! No kidding! :) You should post about your hometown too! We'd all love to see it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for inviting me Mrs Tee! It's been fun and I totally look forward to next Friday! :) I have told my Mom that I design blogs but did not tell her that I blog. I'm secretive like that! Haha! But maybe one day I'll be able to show them what's keeping me up at night. :) ...That is Senado Square in Macau! It's really beautiful, and crowded too especially on Sundays. The place has everything! Macau has a lot of wonderful structures and the best time to go around is during the afternoon onwards! You should really come visit! (sort of promoting Macau in here. hahah!)

    See you around Mrs Tee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Mrs Chevalley! :) I tell you, Asia has a lot more to offer! And you should visit Hong Kong Disneyland too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome to get to know you!!! I loved your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet a fellow Pinay on AAF! I've been on this hop for several weeks now and it sure is great way in meeting new folks. Hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete