MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
Home About Sponsor Contact Design Portfolio
September 18, 2013

Throwback: High School Reunion 2012

I know it's definitely not a Thursday. But Throwbacks aren't just for Thursdays you know. I've started this Throwback Sunday thing on Facebook and about a couple of my friends are doing it already. Haha. Anyway, this afternoon I was scrolling through my old posts imported from my good old pal Tumblr, and found a few wonderful posts that I thought I might share to you! :) 

This one dated December 29, 2012 (wrote it the day after). Enjoy reading! :)

image
“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”
It’s the 28th! The sun was shining brightly in the sky. The surroundings were without a trace of the passing storm two days ago. We arrived at the beach at almost eleven and had lunch about three hours later at two pm - just in time for all the barbecues to get cooked. It’s a shame we burned out some of it. Even though that was past lunch time, we still had a pretty good conversation beforehand. We talked about typical teenage topics and laughed our hunger out. We had barbecue, roasted chicken and rice for lunch, like we always did. For dessert, we had a cake! I forgot to mention it was my friend’s birthday yesterday, so it’s sort of a double celebration. :) We also had lots of curls, which means non-stop eating. Gosh my face is getting bigger! Darn vacation! XD

image

[Us playing “Lumpia”, to see who’s It!]

The sun wasn’t going to allow us to swim, especially in midday. It was just so crazy hot. We can’t. Even. So we waited until the afternoon to actually take a dip in the water.

image


There were about twenty of us, but only a few joined in the water. Boo. I don’t know what the first game is called (I think, caterpillar?) wherein you form sort of like a caterpillar like what we did in the photo above. Then the first person is going to try to catch the last person. It was a short chase since the line isn’t long enough. But it was fun! I’m usually scared of this kind of game since it requires running underwater and you don’t know what your feet touches under. I’m glad we all got no cuts after that. :)

image


We then made an attempt to make a floating human circle (is that what you really call it? lol) We get to drink seawater everytime we fail but that’s the thrill of it, I guess. lol

image

Oooohhh, so close! 

image
image
image


Hahah. I can’t stop laughing at my face in here! Trololol! I didn’t know Jodi was constantly taking photos of us! Haha. I look like I’m dreaming and trolling at the same time! XD

image


Ladies and gentlemen, to end the day, a glorious sunset! I absolutely love this time of the day. Just so you know, I loooovvee sunsets! I mean, who doesn’t? I guess everyone knows that heavenly feeling when you see hues of orange and violet and yellow in the sky. The mysterious silhouette of the trees always gives me the chills. The reflection of the setting sun is just too beautiful for words. 

image
image
I guess this was my shot. :) I’m afraid of bringing my friend’s camera into the water for a better shot of the sunset. But anyways, here it is. Lol. ;)


image

Several jumpshot attempts! :) 

We had to make it fast since this sunset don’t last forever!

image

Damn beautiful!

image
image
image


The second from the left is me. I know it because my shorts’ pockets are out. :D

What a fun day with friends it was! We packed our bags at about six. We lost track of time since we were enjoying the water so much! It was cold and great! I’ll surely miss the beach. :/

(I thought of not including this part, but meh, read on guys! Haha! )The moment we stepped out into the highway, something took my breath away! (And it rhymes!) The moon was just gorgeous! It (the moon)was rising just a little bit above the trees and it was perfectly above where the streets bend! It was like we were in a movie. The only thing missing is a convertible and a boyfriend. Then we will be driving towards the moon and then he says something, and then we k… *clears throat*. So where was I? ;) Yeah, we were tired and happy. I don’t know what else to say. :) I arrived home just in time for dinner at our neighbors house. It’s a family Christmas Party!

And that was one long throwback. :) Find more of my throwback posts here! Expect more soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment